Monday, June 18, 2007

The Week Long Sentence

You know I sit here tonight and just give praise to our Lord and Savior. He is so gracious and yet so mysterious in how He works sometimes. My two boys finished vacation bible school last Friday. Yep, it was their very first one and O ' how I am so proud of these kids. All week I would ask them what they had learned and they would just say "to obey God" and then would sing the songs they learned through out the week. Well I found frustration getting the better part of me as I continued to ask them what they were learning. I have to admit Friday came around and I asked them the same question and got the same answer. I thought "Lord they went all week and they learned some cool songs and a sentence to obey you". The Lord showed me a whole new point of view later that night. My youngest Garrett heard my wife and I talking about Acts were John and Peter were together and Peter did the sermon to the people telling them to "Repent". Garrett mind you is four years old came in and interupted us and began telling me how Peter stepped out of that boat and stood on water with Jesus. He explained plain as day how he had his eyes on Jesus and that when he took them off that he began to sink. My son went on to tell me the whole story . The next night we read the story of Jonah to them and my oldest Zachary,when we got through was able to tell us why Jonah did what he did and what he did. I am amazed. You see my boys learned alot at vbs last week and since they have been able to tell me. We to are called to get into the Word of God and spend time with Him, because if we don't we are not doing that one sentence they brought forth to me last week everyday. You see the boys were telling me everything I was needing to hear last week. So often we miss the little things God is trying to tell us. We are to approach Him in that manner these kids have, with that innocence and like a sponge. We are all to as Peter was to and keep our eyes on Jesus. I hope this has helped you a little today and remember what we are called to do "Obey God". God Bless

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! Thanks for sharing the glory of the Lord in your childrens lives. Oh that we may all be so attentive! Love to you, nephew!!

Lisa said...

You are an awesome dad! Sharing the Word of God with your family is so important and you do it so well. People tend to listen to the things that flow from a child's mouth and what better way to share the Word of God with the world! I am very proud of you and your wife for the continued support and guidance you give your children! You make me very proud!
Love mom