Thursday, June 28, 2007

The Storms in Life

As I sit here today, I recollect on the storms we all face in life. Some of them big, others are small. The one thing that hits home is how do we handle those storms spiritually? I often wonder how many times do I face a situation with all of my strength. I wonder just how much more will I face before the day is over. That is by far the worst way of looking at it. To us citizens in this country today, we are very spoiled on going through times of trial. We tend to think when we get home or go to sleep all will be better tomorrow. We take for granite that we have that bed to sleep in, or that warm bath to take, or the medicine to make us better from a sickness. We know it will be there, just as we know our God is there for us to call on. Notice what I said at the end of that sentence "for us to call on". The times we really call on God is when we need something.We praise Him when things are great, and forget to do that part when we are in our storm in life. We just ask for what we need, and tend to skip past praising Him. We praise Him when the problem is resolved. How often to we do that? Casting Crowns recently released and album in which one of the songs was "Praise You In This Storm". In that song that is exactly what is being preached. They are explaining how there hearts are torn but that God has not left there side and for that they praise Him in the storm. I believe God never leaves us, He is always right there, but wants to see how long will we "praise Him". We will never have to suffer the way some do, more especially how Christ did. There are people in other countries suffering because of the name Jesus Christ. People are dying for the name Jesus Christ. People are being abandoned by loved ones because of the name Jesus Christ. Jesus Christ is there only hope friends. Jesus Christ is being praised by them as they suffer. Beaten, abandoned,mocked,shot at on a daily basis, and most of all killed while praising our God during it. Folks I know each of us has some storm in our life, but God will never send more than we can handle. Question is our we going to praise God even during our suffering. Psalm 146:2 says "I will praise the Lord as long as I live". God is the same God all through out Scripture and into today. Will we sing praises to Him even in our storms in life? I pray you take a some time today to just thank God for all He does in our lives. Sing Him a praise. He showed us His love in John 3:16 by sending His son to take the ultimate suffering for us to be alive in Him. Just take a moment to realize that. I love you Father

No comments: