Saturday, August 04, 2007

The Beauty of Christ



As I sit here tonight going through picture of old and new, I ran across this one. This picture was taken earlier this year at my house. This one has a story behind it so I am going to share it with you.
The roses in this picture have bloomed every year for the past five years that we have lived here. My wife or myself have never watered these bushes. Every year though, they seem to get even more beautiful. In May right before I got hurt, we came home one day and I told Melissa to grab the camera and take this picture. You see that day I noticed something in particular. The branch that lay right there in front of these beautiful pictures represented us (humans). We are dead in sin and lost. We don't realize how awful we look to others or God. We wander through life as a dead branch waiting on the next place to fall. In fact some of us only focus on the next time will will fall or mess up. This picture shows though that the roses (Christ), can cover up and take away that dead look. That with Christ he can turn our deadness into beauty. You see I feel like that day God showed me that He can make anything look beautiful when we step back and trust in Him. The beauty of Christ covers that of us, and makes us pure in the eyes of our Father . We should step back today and thank our Lord and Savior for His love and mercy that He has for us. He has chose us (dead branches) to cover in the beauty of Him (the roses) to share live eternally with our Father.

1 comment:

J White said...

Ben,
I have really enjoyed your blog. Also you know how I love the way God uses his things to show himself.(what was said to those roses to make them unfold?)My favorite line out of that song. Thanks. Hope your back is healing.Praying. Love Jamie